I started programming full time in 1996 as an intern at G.E. I received a Mech Eng degree from Missouri University of Science and Technology in 2000. I worked in the field for a couple years and then left my job to pursue my passion and start my own biz programming full time. I’ve never looked back.
I have an extensive background in mobile development. I co-founded Movo Mobile (acquired by Neighborhood America in 2006) which serves clients such as Adidas, Reebok, Gillette, Fox News and HGTV. Before that, I moved to Florida to work for Boomerang Mobile Media as a vested partner doing a shit load of .NET development.
Since 2005 I’ve been completely obsessed with the Adobe Flex framework. After experimenting with Flex, Java, BlazeDS, .NET, (n)Hibernate and countless other stacks, I ended up going with Flex, Zend_AMF Aerial (a framework built on top of Doctrine & AMFPHP) and Red5 (Remote Shared Objects are invaluable).
Me, myself and I:
- can’t stand the term “Web 2.0″
- am an open source junkie
- own a breadboard
- have a horrible memory
- love to play tennis and board games
- get tired of listening to “self proclaimed experts”
- am wicked pissa excited about the coming releases of Ubuntu
- can’t spell
- have been in two motorcycle accidents
- am a chess geek
- realize -> Humanity + Love + Respect + Understanding + Humility = Bliss
I’m always available for freelance work or helping anyone out that asks nicely.